With hundreds of golf courses spread around the state, wherever you are in Victoria, there will most likely be a course fairly close by.
Victoria's top courses can be found around Melbourne, the Mornington Peninsula and Bellarine Peninsula. The Golf Course Guide and Ausgolf have ranked Australia's best public access golf courses in 2013 and the top 10 in Victoria are:
- The Dunes - Browns Road, Rye
- Moonah Links (Legends Course) - off Truemans Road, Fingal (near Rye)
- Barwon Heads - Golf Links Road, Barwon Heads
- St Andrews Beach - Sandy Road, Fingal (near Rye)
- Thirteenth Beach (Beach Course) - off Barwon Heads Road, Connewarre (near Barwon Heads)
- Moonah Links (Open Course) - off Truemans Road, Fingal (near Rye)
- Portsea - off Point Nepean Road, Portsea
- Port Fairy - Skenes Road, Port Fairy
- Horsham - Golf Course Road, Haven (near Horsham)
- Sorrento - at Sorrento
A number of Victoria's golf courses are of world class standard and host events on both the Professional Golfers Association (PGA) and the Ladies PGA tours.
The most prestigious of the PGA events contested in Victoria is the Masters. Held in November each year, it is played at different courses, including Kingston Heath, Huntingdale and Victoria golf clubs. This event draws the top golfers from around the world.
Other events include:
- Victorian Open - at Spring Valley (Clayton) in January
- Victorian PGA Championship - at Forest Resort (Creswick) in February
- Golf Australia: www.golfaustralia.org.au
- PGA: www.pga.org.au
© 2004-2013. Travel Victoria - www.travelvictoria.com.au - Victoria, Australia