Eagle Bay Cottage - at peaceful lakeside Eagle Point.
Beachside Loft at Eagle Bay hosts Rose & Rob continue their high standard of accommodation and now offer this renovated north facing open plan cottage.
- It's a really great holiday spot for a small family, 2 couples or a couple travelling with their pet dog
- 300 metres to the lakeside boardwalk, which leads you to beautiful Eagle Bay: picnic area/BBQ rotunda, new children's playground and a very safe swimming cove
- Ramp access to cottage
- 2 bedrooms: 1 queen and 1 queen and small trundle...quality linen and towels provided
- Sleeps 4 adults, plus child's trundle and portacot available
- Open plan full kitchen and living area
- 1 bathroom, separate bath, shower, toilet and laundry
- Reverse-cycle air-conditioner and bedroom ceiling fans
- Flat screen TV and DVD player
- Relax on the rear deck...the perfect place to BBQ, equipped with table and chairs
- There is plenty of room to park your boat, and it's 500 metres to the boat ramp and public jetties
- Bairnsdale Golf Club (Eagle Point) is only 3 kilometres away
- The sheltered waterways of Lake King are perfect for boating, fishing and kayaking.
- Guests who love to explore the lakes or fish will be able to get local knowledge about the area from your nearby host Rob who is the last of the Paynesville Commercial Lake Fisherman...Rob also has a close relationship with the local Sea Eagles
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of our abundant native bird life and sea birds
- Check out the family of kangaroos on the nearby walking track
- Bring your bicycles, bring your walking shoes and don't forget your camera
- Go night-time possum spotting along the foreshore
- Catch the ferry to Raymond Island to explore the new koala trail
- Visit nearby Paynesville for a hearty breakfast by the water at one of our many cafes
- Eagle Point is home to the world famous Mitchell River Silt Jetties
- Check in time: after 2pm. Check out time: before 10am
- This is a non smoking property
- Bowls supplied
- Bring your own 'doggie' bedding
- Pets are permitted in living area only
- No dogs are allowed on bedding and soft furnishings
- The backyard is medium sized with good fencing
- Please clean up after your pet and "doggie bags" are provided
- There are lots of great dog walking trails
Some comments from guests who have stayed at Eagle Bay Cottage:
"Our first stay and smiles are still on our dials. What a beautiful home away from home! Everything we could hope for and more. Even a can of dog food, just in case we ran out. How thoughtful! Very comfortable, clean, well appointed, tastefully finished. 'Five stars' all round! Pepper just shrugged her new home on...we can't bear to tell her that we have to leave. Thank-you for allowing us to stay...we feel privileged and had an awesome time in an awesome part of Victoria."
- Fiona, Peter & Pepper (October 2013)
"Thanks Rose & Rob. We had a lovely time! Very impressed with the cleanliness of the property, and must say it's much better in person, than the online photos. We loved being able to come back to our own space after visits with the family. It was great the dog could come along too. We also don't have a bath at home so my 2 year old (and I) loved it! I also enjoyed talking to the locals, visiting the markets and all the great produce. The photos and paintings around the house are great too! We'd love to stay again in the future."
- Shaun, April, Acacia, Banksia & Stella (April 2013)
"Your place reminds us of 'Marlborough Sounds' at the top of the NZ South Island...beautiful and scenic, unspoilt...you have made the accommodation a very relaxing place. The highlight of our stay was the fishing trip with Ribs! It was homely with a well equipped kitchen, so much so we ended up eating-in during this short stay. Keep it up Rose & Rob...we'll be back. Thankyou for the stay in your lovely cottage."
- The Yeo Sisters Reunion - Angeline, Annette, Susan & Sharon (March 2013)
"It was a most pleasant weekend away, good location, and we were pleased to find such a nice place that was dog friendly."
- Ken (March 2013)
"This is the best place we have stayed in for a long time. I would give you a 5+ Heart Rating for the condition of the cottage. Thanks for supplying such a nice comfortable holiday home. It was so refreshing to find enough supplies like dish washing liquid, toilet rolls and clothes washing liquid, salt and pepper. The chairs were comfortable for my husband, another essential for us, and the disabled facilities were good. It was very clean and tidy and I will certainly visit again and recommend it to family and friends."
- Christina (January 2013)
"Thankyou Rose & Rob for your lovely welcome. We really felt like we were home. We enjoyed our stay, the cottage is really lovely. It had everything we needed. Alfie our poodle really loved it to. Hope to see you again."
- Kal, Lucky & Alfie (January 2013)
Nightly rates from
$150 - $180 per night, based on 2 guests.
Extra adults - $20 each per night.
Children under 16 years - $10 each per night.
Dogs - $35 to $45 per stay.
Off-peak - 2 nights
Peak and long weekends - 3 nights
Valid until 18th December 2016
Stay 5 nights and pay for only 4 nights
• Entire property sleeps 5 people
• BBQ facilities
• Disabled access
• Laundry facilities
• Pets allowed (restrictions apply)